Monday, March 16, 2009

Still my weekly burden.

Sandals Church has taken on a vision for the year 2009. We are studying John. I didn’t realize how much there is to grasp in this book alone. My meditation still rests in the first 5 verses;

“Everything was created through Him. Nothing, not one thing, came into being without Him. What came into existence was LIFE, and the LIFE was the Light to live by. The Life Light blazed out of the darkness and the darkness could NOT put it out.”
John 1:1-5

I believed that I have mentioned this in prior posts, but the application still burdens me. Pastor Matt said that we as individuals on this planet, lone workers at jobs that may not appreciate us, could be the only “Jesus” that our coworkers ever see. What are we doing that makes us different? What makes us stand out from the crowd? Is my daily practice at work enough “light” that someone is going to know I am a Christian and I am here to love on them. To challenge them in their faith and be challenged in return? This continues to be my prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment