Monday, March 9, 2009

Lead me, Lord.

One of the songs the worship team at Sandals sings is, "Lead Me to the Cross." Written and performed by Hillsong United, I think they have encompassed a vision and passion for the church. The lyrics are as follows:
Savior I come
Quiet my soul remember
Redemptions hill
Where Your blood was spilled
For my ransom
Everything I once held dear
I count it all as lost

Lead me to the cross
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

You were as I
Tempted and trialed
You are
Te word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you're risen

To your heart
To your heart
Lead me to your heart
Lead me to your heart

Paul exclaims in Philippians 3 that the church at Phillipi should model their lives after him. Not because he is perfect and blameless, but because he is in true search for Christ. Anyone, (which is few and far between) who reads this blog, I challenge you to do the same. Follow after Christ. Seek Him. Let Him lead you to His heart. Also, keep me challenged as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment